Thursday, June 19, 2008

3 year well check

So, no pictures for this one, but I am so proud of my little guy I had to post!!!

I took Gunnar to the doctor for his well check. He had to go potty three times while we were there (new bathrooms are so exciting!!!), and met a new nurse & doctor (his regular doctor is pregnant and we just found out she is leaving the practice). We really loved the new doctor he saw (he's the one who actually started the practice, so not really new...), so we are happy! He was all caught up on his vaccinations, however the doctor told us that they are now recommending a 2nd round of the chicken pox vaccine (because it makes the effectiveness go from 75% to almost 99%). He said that we could easily wait until Gunnar's 4 year visit, and get out shot free this year, but then he'd have to get 4 shots next year!!! 4 shots is A LOT!!! So, we went ahead and gave him the shot this year. My little champ didn't even cry. He whined a little and said "need bandaid" and covered his leg as if it hurt, but no actual crying. Such a tough boy!!!

Anyways... I'm so proud of his 'stats'!!!

Weight : 31.2 pounds!!! (this puts him in the 39%ile for weight!)
Height : 38.25 inches!!! (this puts him in the 69%ile for height!)

HOLY COW can ya'll believe how big he is? Ok, maybe not big compared to some kids, but if you remember when we moved to TX, he was below the 2%ile for weight (at 17 pounds) and in the 10%ile for height!!! He has almost DOUBLED his weight since we moved here almost 2 years ago! Whenever I get homesick for Colorado, I just look back on my pictures of my skinny little boy, struggling to crawl and eat and I just know this was the absolute best decision we ever made!!!

Thanks for reading my brag!!! I'm just so proud of him!!!

1 comments:

nicole said...

SOOOO much happy news! We're so happy to hear it!