Monday, March 9, 2009

Gunnar's stories...

So, I have been saying for some time that I need to make a list of all the cute things Gunnar says and does... and I keep forgetting. It seems like I posted that I was going to keep a list here, but I can't find that post... so I don't know what I was thinking.

But... Gunnar has been saying and doing some of the cutest things lately and a friend of mine said that she kept a journal of all the cute things her kid said, so that he could read it as he got older... well, since this is my version of Gunnar's 'diary'... I'm going to put it here.

There have been so many these past few days, I don't even know where to start!!!

When we picked Gunnar up from Sunday School, the teacher told us that Gunnar blessed the snack. We asked him on the way out, what did you say Gunnar? (We were curious if he said the same thing that he says at home, or if he followed the teacher's guidance). He said "Dear God, thank you for Amber Chaos, let us thank you for our food, Amen". We used to say his prayer at bedtime, and he would thank God for everything/everyone... then at mealtimes, we tried teaching him "God is great, God is good, let us thank Him for our food". Well, Gunnar got the 2 mixed up, and decided that he likes to say it his own way... too darn cute!!!

He's also learning about friends and apparently best friends and favorite friends. He told me the other day that Dad was his "best friend" and that I was his "favorite friend".

Gunnar is so loveable.... he comes up to me before he leaves to go for a bike ride with Dad and says "I just need to give Mommy a big squeeze and a kiss before I go". How cute???

Tonight, we were getting ready for bed... saying our bedtime prayer. And Gunnar said "Dear God, thank you for Amber Chaos, let us thank you for our food, Amen". So Dad said "What else are you thankful for?" And he asked him "Are you thankful for your bike?", Gunnar said "thank you for my white bike". Dad said "Are you thankful for your knee pads?", Gunnar said "thank you for my knee pads."... you get the picture... Dad said "OK, tell me one more thing that you are thankful for..". Gunnar said "Thank you for my wipees". LOL!!! He had just finishing going potty before bed, so you can imagine what he was remembering!!

At My Gym today, they always ask questions... "What is your name? and What is your favorite" something... food, dessert, ice cream, etc... they always ask a different question. Today they asked what is your favorite pet? If you could have any pet in the world, what pet would you want? Gunnar went first... we were so curious to see what his answer would be... because it had to be his own... He said "Amber Chaos is my favorite!". The teachers looked at us, like "Huh?"... we explained, it was his dogs.. Amber and Chaos. How cute!!! He loves his Amber Chaos. :)

That's what I can think of for now... there are so many, I could type for hours. But, these are the ones that pop into my head right now. I absolutely love this stage... there are definitely moments when I wish he would be quiet, just for a minute or two... but mostly, the non-stop chattering, telling stories and asking questions is just so much fun. It's amazing how much he is absorbing...

Thanks for letting me share. :)

1 comments:

Yulia said...

It's so cute, Stefanie. I like to read all this cute stories about Gunnar. Daniel told me yesterday what he wants to play with his friends Gunnar and Alex :-)He still remembers Texas and California :-)