Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last day of school.

Today was Gunnar's last day of preschool. It was a bittersweet day. Gunnar had the best teachers we could have hoped for and he learned so much this year. If you are wondering about all of his changes, go back to the post from his first day of school. His only words were "bapa" and "ehem". Here is a video of him talking now (he's saying thank you to Aunt Lisa for his Thomas train. I am 'translating' some of it, but you can hear him speaking in sentences now!)








Here's a picture of him with Miss Karrie. They hit it off from day one. She really went above and beyond to take care of Gunnar while he was at school. We were so nervous when we dropped him off at school in the beginning of the year. She made sure we knew he was in good hands. She watched him and made sure he didn't have any issues during lunch/snack. She made sure he fit right in with all of the other kids, while still giving him the special attention he needed. When he had his surgery, she brought him popsicles. When I came to pick up Gunnar for the last time, she cried.

Photobucket



And, here is Miss Beth. She was also an awesome teacher. I remember the first day Miss Karrie was out sick and I was nervous because I wasn't sure if he'd do well without her. He still had an awesome day (each time Miss Karrie was out). He loved Miss Beth!!!

Photobucket

0 comments: