Sunday, July 27, 2008

Harvest time!!!

So, we've talked about this garden to everyone, and it really is doing pretty well. Some things have turned out much better than others... the basil is growing tall, rosemary is just overflowing... the jalepenos were plentiful for a bit, then kinda petered out, and are now growing again. The tomatoes took what seemed like forever to get going, but now are huge plants with tomatoes growing strong! Can't wait for our first tomato!

Here's a picture of one of our first bell peppers!!! Can you guess which one came from our garden? hehe!!! Don't know why ours is so tiny! The one on the right came from the grocery store. It's not as if I picked it too early, the other bell pepper was the same size and had over ripened on the plant...
Photobucket

But, in all seriousness, we have two HUGE plants... spaghetti squash and canteloupe... and they are really growing big beautiful squash and canteloupes. I don't have any pictures of them... because they are hiding under the leaves, but the canteloupe are ready to pick any day now. I'll share when we get them!!!

0 comments: