As most of you know, Gunnar was 'released' from his speech/feeding therapy last week. His therapist and I both decided it was time. It was a sad day for all of us, when I realized we wouldn't be seeing Cindi again for a long time, but we are going to keep in touch. I took this picture to send to her.. I was so proud of Gunnar last night. We made him a plate of dinner... Rice/Wild Rice blend and hot dogs. He's pretty limited on the meats he will eat, and hot dogs are one of his favorites. I usually try to get him to eat the meat we are eating first and then offer him something I know he will eat. But he's had issues with the tilapia in the past (just a few weeks ago, he had an 'incident' in therapy... he didn't handle the tilapia well). So I didn't try it.... I just went straight for some hot dogs. Wouldn't you know, he saw my plate and asked for some of my tilapia??? I gave him a small piece and he tried it and decided he liked it. He put all of his cut up hot dog on my plate and took almost a whole piece of tilapia from me!!! I was shocked, speechless, and soooo proud!!!
baby steps writing
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment