Saturday, August 2, 2008

The next day....

Bright & Early! Gunnar woke up at 7am, ready to go! After a quick breakfast, we were right back outside... by 8:30!

Photobucket

Can you see Gunnar already practicing with that ladder again... he's just so excited!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday, Dad broke a bolt... snapped it in half!!! So we had to run to Home Depot to get the bolt before Dad got to the step where he needed it! After Home Depot, we stopped at Walmart to pick up some groceries... and on the way home (11:30), Gunnar fell asleep in the car! So I put him right up in his room for a nap... and this is what I found in the backyard...
Photobucket

Makin' progress!!!
Photobucket

All done!!! Well, except for a few finishing touches...
Photobucket

And Gunnar woke up from his nap! Perfect timing! I know this isn't the best picture, I couldn't get one with the bright sunlight, but when I went up to get him, this is what I found... If you look at his profile, he is unbelievably excited!!!
Photobucket

So excited, we ran downstairs to try it out!!!
The slide was too hot to actually slide on....
Photobucket

But the swing was perfect!!! Even Chaos found a new favorite spot in the shade (to the left).
Photobucket

From another angle...
Photobucket

And another angle...
Photobucket

Look how much fun!!!
Photobucket

And, yes it is still hot!!!
Photobucket

The teeter totter was so hot, we had to put a towel down so Gunnar wouldn't burn his little po.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a better view of Chaos's favorite new spot..
Photobucket

So, we were done by noon. Not bad... considering we had a 3 year old "helping" us... and we were facing an excessive heat advisory... in other words, they warned people not to be outside any more than necessary and what do we do? We build a swing set... I can't even tell ya'll how done I am with this heat.... it is HOT. Unreal HOT! And we watched the news tonight.... Good news is, we are getting a "cold front" coming in on Tuesday. It will COOL OFF to 100!!! But Sunday and Monday and Tuesday ... 106, 106 and 107!!! Unbelievable! How many days til Christmas????

Photobucket

1 comments:

The Summers Family said...

That is so awesome! I bet he is in heaven!!! Good job!