Just a few cute things Gunnar says & does that I don't want to forget. :-)
He's gotten really good as saying some big words. But he doesn't quite say them right. But he knows what he's talking about, and surprisingly, we have them figured out too.
Ting Dusting = Disgusting (yep, I guess I told him something was disgusting once.. probably one of those many bugs he holds and plays with).
Parrot Shoot = Parachute. Pretty close and hard to hear that he's really saying Parrot Shoot, but he is...
Adavraff = Abracadabra. Okay, it's hard to even spell how he says it, but the point is there's an F at the end. We say Abracadabra when we turn out the light at night his room. Well, he says "Adavraff".
Other than the cute big words, his language is getting pretty good. He uses sentences appropriately and surprises me with some of the things he says. It's getting dark outside, and he looks outside and says "Look Mommy, it's almost dark. It's not quite dark outside." And of course, he follows it with "Why?". Now I know why my mom used to always say "Because I said so". How many times did she hear the never ending why's with 5 kids? Craziness!!!
He's really gotten good at his letters and numbers (I thought he'd never get there, he just didn't want to say his letters, but now he says them all the time). And we started reading street signs... but funny thing, he reads them backwards. He's best at reading the numbers on the speed limit signs (he doesn't know all the lowercase letters yet). But, he reads the 60 as zero six. So, yesterday, he read his very first 'word'. Gunnar. "R" "A" "N" "N" "U" "G" spells "Gunnar!!!" I'm hoping this is normal?
His favorite songs to sing are "Deep and Wide" and "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam". He started singing Deep & Wide to the guy in front of us at the checkout lane at Home Depot the other day. The guy thought he was talking about building a big garden or something... haha... guess he never heard the song.
Oh, and one more cute but not so cute thing he's started doing... don't know where he got this one from, but when he wants my attention, he's started putting his hands to his mouth and pretending to blow a horn.. only he lets out a really loud "toot toot toot!!". It's cute, but also quite obnoxious. And not the best thing when I am trying to have a conversation with someone on the phone. We are working on him being quiet while I am talking on the phone, and when he is and I hang up, he says "Mommy, see I was quiet?!? I did so good!" He's so proud of himself. But the horn thing.. well, that's gotta go. hehe.
baby steps writing
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment